Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009: The University

Hello everyone. I have just finished doing a little yard work and Bum is in the kitchen making a birthday cake for one of the girls she is mentoring. We have had a wonderful day off today and I thank God for the days of rest that He gives us.

Not too much has happened this week, at least not that I was personally involved in. I got a call on Tuesday from a friend of mine who is also doing her internship and she told me that the first draft of our internship report paper was due Sunday the 25th. I had not even started thinking about the paper let alone typing it. Needless to say I have spent most of my non-teaching time writing the report. I turned it in via email on Sunday night still very much unfinished, primarily due to the fact that so is my internship. I have to send in the final draft by the 25th of February and then go to the university and give a presentation involving what all I have had to do during the internship. Then I got another call from the university on Friday morning telling me that a professor will be coming to see me about how my internship was going and to talk with Michael about the same. This was not a problem however I rather enjoyed being able to talk with the professor and she seemed quite happy with the report that Michael and myself gave her.

Sunday was a pretty busy day at the church. I had my Sunday school class as always. This Sundays lesson was on "The Joy, Power, and Wisdom of Jesus the Man". Last week was about "The Joy, Power, and Wisdom of Christ in salvation" And next week we will look at "The Joy, Power, and Wisdom of Jesus in Eternity". This is all part of a study we are doing based on a book by John Piper called "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ". After the service was over the staff and a few volunteers went and picked up a number of needy children from the neighborhood and brought them back to the church and had a late Christmas celebration with them. The reason for this was that the church had thirty-six Samaritan's Purse boxes for children and wanted to give them to the kids that lived near the church. They brought the kids in,i watched the Christmas story, sang songs and played games with them, and then gave them the boxes. It was a good time for everyone.

I am beginning the work for my online TEFL certification course. Please pray that I will stay diligent and finish the course well. This certification will help me to get a teaching job here after my internship is over. Pray also that God will direct me in exactly where it is he wants me to be after I finish with all of my internship requirements.

Bum is teaching through Genesis right now in her Sunday School class. She is doing this with two new believers, Nong Aoo (Sounds like Oh) and Nong Fa (Nong before a name means that the person is younger than you). Both of these girls are high school students and have a lot of uestions as they are studying. Pray for Bum that God would give her wisdom and insight into his teaching and help her through the Holy Spirit to know what to answer the questions raised in class and after. Bum has also come to me with question concerning some of the things the girls have asked her. Pray that I too will receive wisdom to answer questions brought to me.

That is about it for this week. I forgot the camera at the church office so no pictures right now but I will try to upload some soon. Here is an album for you while you wait.
Adventures with the Family: October 2008
I am also going to start back doing Thai Fun Facts each week (I used to do these in my news letter and some are fun others are just facts and some are serious but that is kind of a long title).

Fun Fact #1: Thailand is the Number one producer of rice in the world. Vietnam is 2nd and the US is 3rd.

Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Glynn,

    I found your blog as I was in Chiang Rai this past summer volunteering with the Where There Is Not A Doctor (WTINAD) Organization. It is run entirley by a Doctor who volunteers his time and is suppported by donors and other volunteers. I thought you may be interested in the organization. You can learn more about them at www.wtinad.org or join their facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=48407332855

    Take care,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete