Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009: Pictures

Bum and I on our one year anniversary
Me in front of the I Berry ice cream shop in Chiang Mai. It is owned by a comedian/artist and this is one of his sculptures. you can't really tell but that thing is about 20 feet tall.
The family at Bums Great Uncles house
Bum and I at the bridge to Laos near her relatives house.


Another picture from our anniversary.













Me and our new dog Cookie. her name was going to Beatrice but Bum didn't like that name.













Bum and cookie.













Me, Bum, and Kim in Sukhothai. This is the ancient city that was the first capitol of Thailand (then known as Siam)












Me and Naam waan MCing for the Mae Fah Luang Christian Club Christmas celebration. God has worked in me a lot concerning my fear of being in front of people.









A group of us from the church made a small road trip up to Mah Salong. This is a mountain where they grow a lot of tea. I have been here many times but it was a first for some and the first time most of them had been here on the motorcycles.









At a tea plantation a few Kilometers away from the shop in the above picture.












Bum and I in a tea field.













After coming down off the mountain. We stopped to stretch and wait for some of the people to catch up. Our bike is the blue one. This was my primary means of transportation for over three years.









This is just a picture of me and Bum that I like.


















This is Bum's Dad and I cutting bananas from the stalks. He and some friends had been out all day harvesting and when they got home I got to help cut.











At Bell's (Bum's younger sister) baptism.













Bum and I in Nakhonsawan with some of her old friends. Bum is the only Christian these girls know on a personal level and probably at all (other than me now).










I hope you have enjoyed these pictures and i am planning on including pictures in most of my upcoming posts. I am going to try not to do this too often because it takes for ever to upload these and then to arrange and label them.

Grace and peace
Glynn and Bum

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of your married life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your new blog! I am so glad I get to follow your journey this way... praying for you and your wife...I like your cute little new dog... did you get beatrice from "Best in Show" We have a Weim:) and when he acts bad we call him that:)
    Take care!
    Stephanie Allums

    ReplyDelete