Monday, June 22, 2009

Tuesday, June 23: Living in America

So it has been a while and a lot has happened. We are in the states and are as settled as we can be right now. We live with my grandmother in her basement and house sit for friends fairly often. We settled into the church that my parents go to and where I grew up and are happy there. I have a lot of old friends there and they have a lot babies which makes Bum happy. We have been to Florida to see Bob and Jackie (Bum's Farong Parents) and their family and will be going back down to see them and Burt and Teresa (some of our good friends) in a few weeks. There should also be a missionary house coming in about a month so that we can feel a little more at home.

While we have been here our plans have changed a little again. Instead of starting at an extension of a seminary and taking four years to finish we will both work for a year and then move to live on campus at which ever school I finally decide to go to. This will still give us a lot of family time and allow me to finish my schooling in half the time we thought. Right now I am looking at Southern and New Orleans (both southern baptist seminaries) but want to go and look at the campuses and talk to the professors before deciding.

Bum is still working on and waiting for her green card stuff to come through. We have received the notice from the government that they got our first batch of paper work and we are waiting for instructions on what to do next. Pray that this process will be done in a timely manner and we are not just left waiting around forever.

I will try to post some pictures soon so that you can see what all is going on. And I am going to get back onto a regular posting schedule.

Until next time. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment