Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4, Done and Done

Everything at the university is as finished as it can possibly be. My internship was a success. I gave my presentation, turned in all the reports and forms, and received a pass from the internship department of MFLU. I think I will have to go back one more time to request transcripts but that should not be a problem (he says with doubt tucked snuggly behind the words).

Bum, Ben (her youngest sister), and I all went to Chiang Mai a few days ago so that Bum could interview for a new visa. The interview went great (THANK YOU GOD) and Bum got a one year visa to come to the states. We have bought the tickets and will be arriving in ATL on May 8th. Before we leave we will be traveling a lot to see Bum’s family in the south and moving some of our stuff down to her parent’s house so they can use it while we are gone.

To those of you who have told me that if there is ever anything you can do to help just let you know, I am letting you know. I will be applying for seminary while we are in the states and will need a lot of financial assistance. I will work as much as I can but will not take out any loans at all. The reason for this is that if I am accepted I will move back to Thailand as soon as I finish with school. My plan is to move back and start a house church in the area where Bum went to high school. The city there is several times larger than Chiang Rai but with almost no Christian presence. This is a direct contrast to where we are now where there are many denominations represented each having several missionaries and several active and growing churches. I want to preach where Christ is not yet being preached. I do not feel I am ready to do this and so will be pursuing a seminary degree. Also my visa here will depend on me working. The government in currently working on passing legislature that will make it to where all teachers, foreign and native, will have to have a masters degree in order to teach. Teaching is what I love to do (that is still amazing to me) and will afford me ability to support my family and church if need be. However; in order for this all to happen I will need your help in the near future. If you would like to help financially please write me and let me know so that I can start to budget and plan for what I will have and what I will need. You can email me at life_nchrist@yahoo.com or at lifenchrist@gmail.com.

I would like to mention here that if it had not been for the support of a small handful of financial supporters and a large number of prayer supporters the ministry, work , and witness that I have been able to do among my friends and neighbors here in Thailand would have been very unlikely. So to those of you who have supported and prayed for me over the past 4 years. I ask that you would continue with me in this next chapter of my life and beyond to what ever it is that God is and will call me to do.

Also, Bum and I would love to come and talk to your Sunday school classes, small groups, or churches as a whole. If you would like for us to come and share with you let me know and we can set a date.

Grace, peace, and love

1 comment:

  1. Hey Glynn and Bum,
    I am so excited and anxious to see you. May 9th is even earlier than you thought so Praise the Lord! Ya'll be careful with all the driving. I love you and am continuing to pray for you both.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete